10 April 2012

these rocky shores

I've climbed over the rocks as a child, making little boats out of driftwood, rocks, shells, and sticks, that would be sent out to sea along with flowers to my grandpa who is no longer with us.

Photobucket

I've found an escape in the calmness of the waves hitting the shore and seagulls flying above me, sitting silently and observing the beautiful scenery before me.

Photobucket

I've watched the sun set over the mountains, the sun making the sky transition into shades of orange, red, pink, and yellow before becoming completely hidden by the large, abundant mountains.

Photobucket

I've found a sense of pride in these rocky shores that you could only feel after living half of your life within a ten minute drive from the ocean.

Photobucket

Photobucket

These rocky shores, they mean home.

xoxo - hope

2 comments:

  1. I love the how you can see the mountains in the distance in all the pictures, I also love how blue the sky is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ocean, and your photos are beautiful! I live about 40 minute away from the ocean. Close, but not as close as I would like.

    Blessings,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete