26 July 2014

i hope

 photo IMG_3229_zps178f6392.jpg  photo IMG_3225_zpsa19d7596.jpg

I hope you wake up at five in the morning every once in awhile to watch the sunrise and eat crepes with the people you love.

I hope you travel the world, that you get lost in cities so far away from and so different than your home, that you find a cafe in that place and just take a moment to take it all in, to watch the people passing on the street and notice how the setting sun makes dancing shadows on the buildings across the way.

  I hope you fall in love, and that it's the most beautiful and painful thing you've ever felt. I hope you stay up late thinking about that special someone, not because you're worried that they don't love you back, but because you're sure they do and that scares the hell out of you.

I hope that sometimes you sit on a deserted beach with your closest friends, that you start a fire and pass around a bottle of wine and dance in the wet sand until the bottom of your socks are soaked.

I hope you listen to that one song on repeat at least fifteen times because it touches your heart in a way that most songs don't, and that it makes you think about your life and helps you put things into perspective.

I hope you open up to others, that you continue to trust, no matter how many times you've been betrayed, that you continue to love, despite the times you've been broken.

I hope you don't take life too seriously, that sometimes you can stop questioning everything and just live already. Life goes quickly, make sure you're still on the same page. 

But most of all, I hope that you're living the life you want to be, and that if you're not, that you can find the courage to change it into something closer resembling what it is that you'd like your life to look like. Most of all, I just hope you're happy. Because life is wild and you deserve to be.  

 ---

 Something I wrote for myself and the people I love late last night. I've been so inspired to write these past couple of days since I've been in Ireland. I can't wait to share more when I get home, but I only have two days left of this trip, so I'm gonna go enjoy it while it's still here.

1 comment: